10101 Fondren Rd, Suite 410 Houston, TX, 77096     |     Call Us Today – 832 231 6959     |     LOGIN

International CPA ServicesWe Help You Do Business in the USA

We can help the business owner located outside the United States do business within the USA. Our mission is to make local rules and regulations clear through our International CPA Services, so that businesses can navigate productively within guidelines.

We provide all the support in one stop shop, including visa application and assistance in creating and running your business. Trust Behar CPA to advise and consult with business and individual clients in the following areas:

  • Business Formation
  • International Tax Advice
  • Multinational Tax Advice
  • Cross Border Transactons
  • Import / Export
  • Transfer Pricing
  • Investment Structuring or Restructuring
  • International Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
  • Earned Income Exclusion
  • Expatriation Planning
  • Non-residents with Financial Interests
  • Non-residents with U.S. Real Estate Interests
  • Investor Visas

International CPA Services and Tax Advice

Behar CPA has global experience and is staffed with an international CPA who is committed to addressing internal and external tax matters. We provide practical, proactive tax planning and preparation for investors and companies operating internationally. Our international tax advisors support companies and their employees with international tax planning solutions and assist with compliance issues, such as value-added taxes and repatriation of earnings.

When companies first start operating in foreign countries, an understanding of the foreign tax laws is important to ensure that unfavorable – or unexpected – tax liabilities don’t result. Most foreign countries have value-added taxes that are paid by the importer-of-record. Negotiating and understanding who is the importer of record is important when first selling and doing business in a new country.

Knowing when income tax returns are required to be filed to foreign governments is another important international tax planning point. If you have a permanent establishment you will be required to file income tax returns. However, even when you do not have a requirement to file income tax returns, you may wish to file to avoid informational reporting, withholding taxes, etc. We can help you understand – and comply with – foreign tax filing and payment requirements when you start selling or operating in a foreign country.

Investor Visas: Types: E1, E2, L1


The E1/E2 is the primary investor visa and there is currently no quota or annual cap, so E2 visas are unlimited in the number available. An E1/E2 visa basically allows you to buy entry into the USA without actually “immigrating.”

The E1/E2 visa is typically issued for two or five year periods and can be renewed indefinitely as long as the investor is running the business and it generates “more than enough revenue” to support the investor’s family. The E1/E2 visa also covers the investor’s spouse and children under age 21.


The US government provides an unlimited number of visas (called L1 visas) for managers and executives transferring from the foreign branch or subsidiary of a company to a U.S. branch. Large multinational companies may apply for a blanket L1 visa to expedite the processing of large numbers of employees to a US branch of the company.

Please explore our website and contact us at 832-231-6959 for further information.